Effective 5/31/20, our church will be open for physical worship in our sanctuary. We will live stream our worship service on Facebook for those who may not feel comfortable regathering for physical worship yet. Please know that we will not judge, condemn, or criticize you for choosing to worship online at the present time! However, we hope and pray that you'll join us physically real soon. A recording of the service will also be available after worship on Facebook and YouTube.
Due to social distancing still being required to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus, we will be making the following necessary but temporary changes. Please forgive us for these temporary inconveniences:
- If you are planning to come to the church sanctuary for worship, please wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth. A greeter wearing personal protective equipment will meet you at the Large Fellowship door, front door, or handicapped ramp door. Doors may be propped open during good weather to prevent your needing to touch them.
- At the beginning of our regathering there will be no Sunday School, Children's Church, nursery services or Church Choir. Children should always be with their parent or guardian. If you would like to provide special music, please speak with Doug Hoffman or Pastor Dale.
- As you enter the sanctuary, an usher, wearing personal protective equipment, will take your cohabitating family to a pew. Chances are that you won't be able to sit in "your" customary pew. Please forgive us. Every other pew will be marked for use to maintain social distancing. Non-cohabitating individuals are encouraged to sit at least 6 feet apart. You will find your bulletin in your pew as you are seated.
- There will be no "Greeting Time" included in our worship service until the threat of contracting COVID-19 is minimalized or eliminated.
- For some time, all hymnals, Bibles, and attendance pads will be removed from the pews to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Please bring your own Bible to worship.
- At the end of the service, ushers will dismiss you pew by pew. We suggest you do not fellowship in the narthex while entering or exiting.
- An offering plate will be place at each door in the church sanctuary to prevent the passing of an offering plate and spread of germs during the service. Thank you for placing your tithes and/or offerings in an offering plate as you enter or leave the sanctuary!
- Any person who has flu symptoms or fever should stay home and self-quarantine.
- Persons who have been out of the U.S. should consider self-quarantining for 14 days prior to attending worship.
- It is recommend by the CDC that we not engage in hand shaking or other physical contact in the church facility. If you want to give a holy kiss or hug to your heart's delight in the parking lot, go for it.
- Because there are so many kinds of hand sanitizer, we're recommending that you bring your own. However, additional containers of hand sanitizer will be available throughout our facility for personal use.
Here's how YOU can help make our regathering a time of celebration:
- We are going to need at least six (6) greeters to welcome members, regular attenders, and guests. Please contact Mim Strauss at 717-574-1435 if you are willing to serve as a greeter.
- As we gather for physical worship, we'll need at least ten (10) ushers to take persons and families to a pew and to prevent creating a line into the sanctuary. If you are willing to be an usher (male or female), please contact John Beshore at 717-512-5435 at your earliest convenience.
We realize these changes reflect a different way of doing thing as we gather again for corporate worship, but we hope and pray that you will be gracious and patient with this new "normal", putting personal preference aside for the good of the entire church family until things in our world settle down. Thank you for praying for your church leaders and Pastor Dale as we regather as the Mt. Laurel Church of God either in the sanctuary or online.
If you have positive, constructive suggestions to help the Church Council and Pastor Dale provide God-honoring, Christ-centered, Spirit-led worhip, please do not hesitate to contact one of us at your earliest convenience.
May God continue to bless and use us as we regather to be energized to serve others and reach unredeemed people for God's kingdom.